CSA Z462 - Workplace Electrical Safety
This course is designed for managers, supervisors, electricians, technicians, engineers, maintenance and safety personnel who need a more in depth understanding of Z462.
This course covers all aspects of electrical safety requirements for employees. It provides guidance on the assessment of electrical hazards and design of safe work spaces around electrical power systems. It stipulates requirements for identifying hazardous equipment and for the development of safe work procedures around this equipment. This standard also gives guidance on the selection of personal protective equipment and protective clothing for protection from electrical arc flash hazards.
At the conclusion of this class, you will:
- Be able to integrate electrical safety programs into Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) management systems.
- Exercise best safety practices including safe electrical troubleshooting for work on and around electrical equipment.
- Exercise due diligence in prevention of electrical injuries.
- Identify electrical hazards and assess risk.
- Be able to determine targets for electrical hazard awareness and training for workers.
- Labour Codes & Responsibilities
- Safety-related Work Practices
- Electrical Safety Program
- Hazard/Risk Evaluatio
- Job Briefings
- Use of Equipment
- Establishing an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Temporary Protective Grounding Equipment
- Limited Approach Boundary
- Restricted Approach Boundary
- Prohibited Approach Boundary
- Arc Flash Boundary
- Equipment Labelling
- Alerting Techniques
- Voltage Testing Equipment
- Safety-related Maintenance Requirements
- Safety Requirements for Special Equipment
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to participate in group case studies.
Approved by HRPA
Each participant will receive 7.5 CPD hours.