CSA Z460 - Control of Hazardous Energy
This course is designed for engineers, safety personnel, managers, supervisors, maintenance and equipment purchasing personnel. Although this course focuses on CSA Z460 Control of Hazardous Energy Standard, the principles still apply in all international standards such as EN European Standards and OSHA U.S. Standards.
At the conclusion of this class, you will:
- Understand the basic principles, requirements and performance objectives for procedures, techniques, designs, and methods to protect personnel from injury from the inadvertent release of hazardous energy. Release of hazardous energy can include any motion, energization, start-up, or release of stored energy that, from the perspective of the person(s) at risk, is either unintended or deliberate.
- Uderstand and apply the principles of lockout tag out of equipment in the work place. Lockout is recognized as the primary method of hazardous energy control.
- Be able to develop alternatives methods to Lockout such as motion lockout, interlocked guards, light curtains, safety mats, enabling devices, safe work instructions, proper protective equipment (PPE), warning and alerting techniques, training, safe work permits, etc.
- Labour Codes & Responsibilities
- Hazard & Risk Assessment
- Hazardous Energy Control
- Alternate Methods to Lockout
- Safe Work Procedures, Practices
- Supervisory Control
- Safe Work Permits
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to participate in group case studies.
Approved by HRPA
Each participant will receive 7.5 CPD hours.