SAFE WORK INSTRUCTIONS
This course is designed to help participants understand steps that must be taken to establish in-plant controleed procedures on how to write safe work instructions, ensuring workers perform specific tasks safely.
At the conclusion of this class, you will:
- Understand why "Safe Work Instructions " are important
- Understand employer/employee responsibilities
- Be able to identify operational tasks requiring task specific safety instructions
- Be able to identify energy types
- Be able to get started in drafting your local safe work instructions.
- Employer/employee responsibilities
- Risk assessment
- Establishing task specific safety instructons based on risk assessment
- Hazardous energy
- Task specific safe work instruction development process
- Employee training
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to participate in group case studies.