SIEMENS S7-315F Safety PLC
The purpose of this safety PLC course is to familiarize participants with the S7‐315F PLC hardware, Standard & Safety I/O, and the STEP 7 software functions that are critical to effective troubleshooting in various application.
At the conclusion of this class, participants will:
- Be able to identify S7‐315F PLC components
- Understand the role of the SIMATIC Manager
- Be able to use LAD/FBD /STL editors
- Understand the hierarchy of program blocks
- Be able to create simple FC/FB blocks
- Understand the use of DB blocks
- Be able to create simple logic programs
- Be able to make simple program changes
- Be able to work offline/online
- Be able to search for items in the program
- Be able to force an Input or Output
- Understand the use of MDT Autosave
- Be able to restore a failed PLC
- Be able to use STEP 7 diagnostic tools
- Introduction S7-300F PLC
- Hardware Overview
- I/O Components- Standard & Safety Modules
- PLC resources
- PLC operation
- Intro to STEP 7 V5.4 software
- Navigating through STEP 7
- Debug tools
- Hardware configuration
- Basic programming functions
- Safety Functions
- Timers and counters
- Data handling functions
- Calculation instructions
- Programming application exercises
- Upload/Download Standard/Safety Programs
- Passivation and Reintegration of F I/O Modules
Maintenance electricians, technicians, technologists and control engineers.
Course utilizes STEP7 V5.5 or PORTAL V12 software
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to work on training simulators using 3D simulated
applications and be asked to write simple logic to sort Blocks and Heads. Upon completion of all exercises, the participants will be exposed to a variety of PLC problems, where they are required to find appropriate solutions.
Working knowledge of electromechanical control devices, relay ladder logic and Windows Operating System.