SIEMENS S7-300 PLC
The purpose of this S7-300 PLC course is to familiarize students with the S7-300 PLC, STEP 7 Software and integrated ProfiBus used in most installed stand-alone applications.
At the conclusion of this class, participants will:
- Undestand the role of the SIMATIC Manager
- Be able to identify S7-300 PLC components
- Be able to use LAD/FBD/STL editors
- Be able to create simple logic programs
- Be able to make simple program changes
- Undertand the use of CALL blocks
- Understand the use of DB blocks
- Be able to create simple FB blocks
- Be able to work offline/online
- Be able to search for items in the program
- Be able to set forces
- Be able to upload/download programs
- Be able to use available diagnostic tools
- Introduction S7-300 PLC
- Hardware Overview
- I/O Components
- PLC resources
- PLC operation
- Intro to STEP 7 V5.5 software
- Navigating through STEP 7
- Debug tools
- Hardware configuration
- Basic programming functions
- Timers and counters
- Data handling functions
- Calculation instructions
- Programming application exercises
- Backing up the program
- Option modules
Maintenance electricians, technicians, technologists and control engineers.
Course utilizes STEP7 V5.5 or PORTAL V12 software
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to work on training simulators using 3D simulated
applications and be asked to write simple logic to sort Blocks and Heads. Upon completion of all exercises, the participants will be exposed to a variety of PLC problems, where they are required to find appropriate solutions.
Working knowledge of electromechanical control devices, relay ladder logic and Windows Operating System.