This class is designed to help identify ProfiNet components and understand their role on the network, understand the basic network configuration, how integrated or option modules allow any system PLC/PC to communicate with other PLC’s and/or other vendor I/O systems. This course focuses more on network configuration, mainenance and diagnostics.
At the conclusion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand ProfiNet, hardware and Step7/NetPro configuration/diagnostic software functions
- Understand network real time class types and components
- Be able to configure ProfiNet hardware
- Be able to use ProfiNet network tools
- Understand the troubleshooting steps
- Network Types/Components
- Hardware, NIC, Switch, Coupler
- Scalance and Hirshman Switches
- PN/PN Coupler
- Configuring Slave Devices
- IP Addressing
- Network troubleshooting Software
Course utilizes STEP7 V5.5 or PORTAL V12 software
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to work on training simulators using 3D simulated
applications and be asked to write simple logic to sort Blocks and Heads. Upon completion of all exercises, the participants will be exposed to a variety of PROFINET problems, where they are required to find appropriate solutions using specific tools.
Working knowledge of electromechanical control devices, relay ladder logic and Windows Operating System.