This class is designed to help identify ProfiBus components and understand their role on the network, understand the basic bus configuration, how integrated or option modules allow any system PLC/PC to communicate with other PLC’s and/or other vendor I/O systems. This course focuses more on network mainenance, using PROCENTEC'S ProfiTrace analyser.
At the conclusion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand fieldbus, hardware and configuration software
- Understand network types and components
- Configure ProfiBus hardware and software
- Be able to work with ProfiBus network
- Understand the troubleshooting steps
- Network Types/Components
- Diagnostic Repeater
- DP/DP Coupler
- Configuring Slave Devices
- Configuring a VFD
- PLC Troubleshooting Software
- PROCENTEC Profibus analyser
Course utilizes STEP7 V5.5 or PORTAL V12 software
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to work on training simulators using 3D simulated
applications and be asked to write simple logic to sort Blocks and Heads. Upon completion of all exercises, the participants will be exposed to a variety of PROFIBUS problems, where they are required to find appropriate solutions using PROCENTEC'S ProfiTrace analyser.
Working knowledge of electromechanical control devices, relay ladder logic and Windows Operating System.