GE FANUC PACS RX7i/RX3i PLC SYSTEM
The PACS RX7i/RX3i PLC course familiarizes students with the hardware and logic development tools used to program and maintain a PLC system. Emphasis is given to understanding and operating in the maintenance environment, understanding the available logic debug options, using the ladder logic language option and communicating with RX7i/RX3i PLCs.
At the conclusion of this class, you will:
- Be able to use CIMPLICITY ME software
- Understand basic PLC communications
- Be able to connect to PLC via Ethernet
- Understand basic Ladder Logic functions
- Be able to make simple program changes
- Be able to find items in a program
- Be able to force states and values
- Be able to Upload/Download programs
- Be able to use troubleshooting tools
- Control system architecture
- Series RX7i or RX3i bBasic system operation
- System components
- Machine Edition (ME) software
- Establish communications to the controller
- Project, basic configuration
- Specialty modules
- Create a new project
- Ladder Logic program
- Relay and contact logic elements
- Timer and counter functions
- Relational and arithmetic operations
- Data move and numerical operations
- Bit operations
- Advanced programming concepts
24 hours (three days)
This course is designed for electrical technicians, electricians, and programmers beginning to work with PACS PLC.
Course utilizes CIMPLICITY/PROFICY software
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to work on a training simulator and perform required tasks.
Working knowledge of electromechanical control devices, relay ladder logic and Windows Operating System.