ROCKWELL ControlLogix PLC
This course is designed to familiarize plant electricians and technicians with the functions, architecture and software used in the ControlLogix PLC platform. Participants will learn basic skills to comfortably interact with the programming software, and to communicate with the PLC processor.
At the conclusion of this class, you will:
- Be able to describe common ControlLogix hardware configurations
- Be able to use RSLogix 5000 software
- Be able to construct simple control programs
- Be able to explain and modify ladder logic
- Be able to isolate and solve system faults
- Introduction to ControlLogix
- Overview of RSLogix5000
- System Components
- Configuration and Testing
- I/O Addressing and Configuration
- Simple Programming
- Basic Ladder Instructions
- Entering and Modifying Ladder Logic
- Further Programming
- Entering and Modifying Function Block Diagram.
- Search and Trace
- Introduction to ControlNet
- ControlNet Overview, Sharing Data,
- Advanced Programming,
- User Defined Data Types
- PLC Troubleshooting
24 hours (three days)
Maintenance electricians, technicians, technologists and control engineers.
Course utilizes Rockwell RSLogix5000 software
Each participant will receive their own class binder with all reference material and exercises, so that these can be repeated later.
Each participant will have the opportunity to work on training simulators using 3D simulated
applications and be asked to write simple logic to sort Blocks and Heads. Upon completion of all exercises, the participants will be exposed to a variety of PLC problems, where they are required to find appropriate solutions.
Working knowledge of electromechanical control devices, relay ladder logic and Windows Operating System.